Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hello readers, I'm ho-OMe!

Our handy 6-month travel adventures through Europe and America is more than yesterday and we came back to Sydney (significantly less mentioned about the jet lag, the higher!). Tuscany Rome, Milan, Amsterdam, Barcelona, ​​Paris, London, Oxford, Bath, Geneva, Nice, Monaco, Marrakech, Edinburgh, Skye: We have the so numerous, areas (in no significant order) have been, Berlin, New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Vancouver and Singapore. I know that we talk about and stories of this trip for the rest of our lives. It was exceptional , but we were much, much more than ready to come home to the reality, routine and our close friends and household in Australia.

width

Damian and I to the Brookyln Bridge in New York

As found in Most travel and holidays, they will give you the opportunity to take stock and recognize each and every small factor in sight, so I thought I'd 6 months down the road a couple of my essential insights Share, see the planets, although operation my firm!

1. I am a massive homebody. I knew this moment but practically nothing could ready me how much I would miss normalcy and routine and the simple pleasures of stay. Mayor of my list now (as we move forward and in the excellent in-laws) of the receipt to us, a new nest. I can not wait to see all our products through me again, to not live out of a suitcase and taken into account to only one time zone. I actually feel like I do not want to travel or look at an airport, when you once again for years (although I particularly my wanderlust in front of his back then!). But it has created, I realized that I had a simple soul, easily satisfied by a lot of little things in life. Just in my apartment, with my stuff and my husband is wonderful! Yay!

2. Though I try, often those who select with wonderful design and style, the products that I actually value most in a hotel are really great-Fi, a bathroom and tea and coffee making facilities! You would not check the amount of prime hotels in which we (I know, shut up!), Which does not have an electric kettle and a coffee maker in the area. That would make my blood pressure rise, even if everyone else was very tiny factor best. Is it just me that does not do any thing ahead of the first coffee of the day (This is another reason to get out of a hotel, it is not an option!) And demands a very good cup of tea or herbal tea last factor at night ( You do not want to know how much hot drinks come in under but suffice it to say I'm English!)? And Pans! Once again, mainly influenced by the development in England, I'm a massive bath lovers and it upsets me that so many hotels they tear these days for showers huge enough for about 6 people! If we I came with a bath in a hotel in my element, exploring especially right after the large quantity, we would do on foot every day. And I have vowed not to move to a new location if it has a full bath. Our last home does not have one, and even though it was excellent in almost each and every and every other way, the lack of Bad nevertheless pained me. The baths is critical to my mental wellness around!

image 3565 Six things I six-month journey Discovered

In one of my new favorite cities: Amsterdam

3. Technologies is brilliant! Regardless of the fact that for most of the 5.5-month journey I have this blog running with a big 9-hour time basis and from a variety of hotel rooms and coffee table my aunt, it was all gone remarkably reasonable. Some men and women do not even realize I'd gone! Thanks Hotel WiFi, Skype, my trusty (and now really shattered MacBook Pro) and WordPress' planning function, I have been able, practically as good as anything I needed to do on the go, juggling lead with sightseeing and household and pal time. I could not with my faithful assistant editor Olivia back at home on the floor in Sydney (as properly as the people I outsource my ad sales and tech support and trust implicitly) have performed. It is a lifesaver, attending events course I could not, write and always a thoroughly organized superstar. You know what, though? I can not wait to not consider function full-time once more and on time zones! Being on my own desk is going to really feel so clearly far, far better organized and calm me! The blog has continued to grow, been traveling and that's a lot far more than I had dared to hope while I.

image 8731 Six-products I six months of travel have found

Mr Francis in Barcelona

4. The people in your life are the main concerns. Of course I did at that moment knew that, but this trip just reinforced that. I feel so incredibly happy, close pals and loved ones who, like me actually have on both sides of the planet, in the UK (exactly where I lived until I was 26) and a proper here in Sydney. It really is overwhelming. I left with mixed feelings of sadness so to leave England last week and happiness will come back to my Australian friends and in-laws, knowledge of I will return before too extended. You could not really ask for much more far. An absolute highlight was the acquisition of my & amp; # 8220little & amp; 8221 sister (who is not a fan of flying) on ​​a plane for the first time in years for a family trip to Berlin.

5. I have so much to see much more in my own apartment Nation. We planned to see loads of UK, but ran out of time soon after. A month in the US and among countless pages trips to Europe Our last trip was to Scotland, precisely where we visit Edinburgh, Inverness, Loch Ness, the Isle of Skye and a few other places. Exotic was not. Partly, it was not not ! But it was nice, sturdy and large and I loved it! I really want to see more of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales so for future trips & amp; # 8220home & amp; # 8221, we intend to see to do just that and to share that with my Aussie husband. You know what they do not appreciate what is to be said on the doorstep!

6. My marriage is quite outstanding. Spending 5.5 months 24/7 with any a single distinct individual will never be easy, but we managed to each other, not to kill. In reality, we have a lot of far, far better than that. What we are always a great starting marriage year. Just before you know it, it is found October and our first anniversary Thanks to all who are interested in our trip for your many words on Instagram in different!

. I hope you have enjoyed sharing our once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Inverness six products that I travel six months Discovered found

Damian and I. in the middle of nowhere in Scotland A rare moment, without always rain!

It's fantastic to be back. I would love some of you at the events I take with Jason Grant component in the new West Elm Chatswood this Saturday and West Elm Chapel Street in Melbourne, next Saturday to see 6 September. Please RSVP to the stores' Facebook pages (Chatswood and Chapel Street), if you want to visit. We hope to see you there!

You can read some of my travel pieces and hotel certificates from the trip a lot more than on the Expedia blog.

image 6586 Six things that I have six months found Travel

Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment